Have you thought about taking up a yoga practice? Besides the cute yoga outfits you see all around you and the added physical exercise in your day, do you know what yoga can really do to add to your life?
There is at least one reason for everyone to start his or her yoga practice today. Check out some of the top reasons people are taking up yoga!
- Stress Relief
- Yoga uses breath and meditation to focus the mind and the body together. This connectivity allows the yogi to leave their stress off the mat and focus on their present state.
- Pain Relief
- Yoga can relieve pain from chronic conditions and healing injuries. Yoga allows people to monitor their own bodies and go at their own pace. At Caffe Yoga specifically, there are many types of classes for those looking for a slow pace to help realign their healing bodies.
- Better Breathing
- Through the practiced breath in yoga, a yogi must focus on the way they are breathing through each pose and flow. Practicing breathing can help in everyday life by using the breath accurately to help the body.
- Yoga can help to increase the flexibility in the muscles by stretching out the tight stressed out muscles that get tired throughout the day. In our busy, computer obsessed world, it is important to stretch out the body after a long workday at the computer desk. This can help keep the body mobile and supple even through days that keep the body in static positions.
- Increased Strength
- While yoga relieves the muscles of tension, each yoga asana also strengthens every muscle. The yogi has the option of challenging him or herself how little or how much they would like to. Caffe Yoga offers Yogalates, which combines yoga with Pilates to help fuse the strength of both practices with the breath focus. The Pilates aspects help add an additional dose of strength training to your practice.
- Weight Management
- Struggling with your weight? Yoga can help with weight management through building strength and creating leaner muscles. It can also help hormonally by lowering Cortisol, the stress hormone, in the body.
- Improved Circulation
- The combination of breath and the yoga postures more efficiently circulate the oxygenated blood throughout the body.
- Cardiovascular Strengthening
- Again through the practiced breath and stamina, yoga can strengthen the cardiovascular system by lowering the resting heart rate.
- Focus on the Present
- By leaving the outside world off the mat, practicing yoga can allow the one practicing to focus on the moment.
- Inner Peace
- With the combination of stress relief, pain relief and weight management, a yogi can find an increase in self-esteem. A yoga practice can also lead to finding more satisfaction in daily life.
Find something that relates to you? Take the chance to become the healthier, stronger, more peaceful you through the practice of yoga. Yoga has many benefits beyond those experienced on the mat. Check out all the classes that Caffe Yoga (caffeyoga.com) has to offer and see how yoga can help your life today.